Suffering from horrible allergies and can not sleep. Tried OTC alavert as well as zyrtec (cetirizine) - the most recent @ 3pm. Can i also take oxycodone to sleep?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: No

Oxycodone is a narcotic for pain.
Although it may cause drowsiness in some people, it is not used for sleep. Furthermore, the doctor who prescribed the oxycodone should be alerted because he must have ordered it for pain. If the allergies are horrible, please consult an allergist.

In brief: No

Oxycodone is a narcotic for pain.
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Natalie Sieb

In brief: Not recommended

I'm sorry you're suffering so much.
Have you tried Benadryl (diphenhydramine)? That is not only an antihistamine (helps fight allergic reactions) but it also can help you sleep. Try 50mg of Benadryl and see if that helps. If not, you may need a prescription strength antihistamine or even corticosteroids to give you relief. I would not recommend taking oxycodone for anything but severe pain.

In brief: Not recommended

I'm sorry you're suffering so much.
Dr. Natalie Sieb
Dr. Natalie Sieb