I have folliculitis on the chest area. It's a small area. I am given me a oral medicine. When i stop the medicine, the pimple do arrive again.

Dr. Esta Kronberg
Dermatology

In brief: Folliculitis

Folliculitis can be a difficult and chronic condition.
You may need to take oral antibiotics for quite a while...Maybe months ....Maybe longer. If you add a benzoyl peroxide wash it might help control your problem.It is basically a form of acne at the hair follicle so it can linger on for a long time an need chronic treatment.

In brief: Folliculitis

Dr. Esta Kronberg
Dr. Esta Kronberg
Pathology

In brief: One idea

Especially at your age, "folliculitis" is often caused by the same microbe that causes tinea versicolor, and can be addressed just with topical agents, sparing you the need for systemic rx.
Get a second opinion.

In brief: One idea

Get a second opinion.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine