High risk pregnancy==what?

Not a easy answer. There are too many different conditions that can cause a high risk pregnancy to answer here, but some big ones are fetal problems, and also maternal complications such as diabetes and hypertesnion.
Un-routine. Pregnancy is a normal part of life -- but if something out-of-the ordinary happens, then a pregnancy may become high risk. Sometimes, a mom has a medical problem before she gets pregnant, and in other cases, a mom begins having labor too early, or develops high blood pressure. High risk doctors work together with a team of providers to improve care.