Please tell me if a psychologist can help me with my pain pill dependence and addiction?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: In some ways yes
Psychologists can certainly help with some of the underlying issues that trigger you to use.
But you'll also need an addiction medicine doctor to help with possibly suboxone or other medication management as you deal with your addiction. It's best to have a team to work with, including 12 step group or other community support.

In brief: In some ways yes
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Susan Uhrich
In brief: Perhaps, but you
Deserve the best treatment.
Rehab, na meetings, a substance abuse counselor and an addiction psychiatrist all need to work with you.

In brief: Perhaps, but you
Deserve the best treatment.
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Vikram Patel