Pathologic diagnosis....Resected thymus shows reactive b cell hyperplasia vs low grade b cell lympho proliferative disorder. Is this lymphoma?

Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Could be...

Certain lymphomas grow so slow that sometimes it is difficult for the pathologist to make the call between malignant or not.
I suspect they may do additional work on the specimen and that your doctor will evaluate you further with labs, additional scans or another biopsy. If you have not seen a hematologist, maybe this is the time. Don't panic, just follow up his/her lead. Best to you.

In brief: Could be...

Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology