Does high cholestrol but pregnant women at risk for blood clots and stroke?

Dr. Ali Seifi
Critical Care

In brief: Stroke

Pregnancy increases risk of clot and stroke .
I am not sure what do you mean from but pregnant. ? If you mean high cholestrol and pregnant ? Yes both increase risk of cerebro/cardio vascular events...

In brief: Stroke

Dr. Ali Seifi
Dr. Ali Seifi

High cholesterol is a well recognized risk factor for stroke.
It should be treated with diet (or medication if diet is not enough). Pregnancy carries its own risks for stroke, such as elevated blood pressure (pre-eclampsia), higher propensity for forming blood clots etc. Fortunately, strokes in pregnancy are quite rare, but taking care of risk factors is always a good thing to do.

Dr. Khamid Bakhadirov
Dr. Khamid Bakhadirov
Dr. Jane Van Dis