I am breastfeeding. Will taking medicine for migraines hurt my baby?

Dr. Brett Noorda
Dentistry
In brief: Depends on the meds
It totally depends on the medications you take to treat your migraines and the associated symptoms.
Some may enter the breast milk, some may not. This would best be answered by consulting about your specific meds with your OB and your pediatric physician, maybe even your pharmacist.

In brief: Depends on the meds
Dr. Brett Noorda
Dr. Brett Noorda
Dr. Ron Jones
In brief: Possibly
Of course, the answer is totally dependent upon the medication you intend to use.
Most drugs pass the placenta and becomes available to the fetus. So when pregnant, it would be a great idea not to take medications at all unless you have discussed with your OB about the safety of the drug in pregnancy, even otc. When about to be blessed by god with new life, take no chances. Dr. J.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Vikram Patel