I've been getting shooting pains in my left arm with no other typical heart attack symptoms. I work out a lot is this overtraining or cardiac issue?

Overtraining. I agree with Dr. Lisa. Excessive training can lead to muscle hypertrophy in the neck or shoulder area, leading to compression on the brachial plexus, that could give you shooting pains you described. .
Unlikely. Cardiac pain generally presents with intolerance or decrease in tolerance to excercise, +\- chest pain with exertion, +/-sweating +\-shortness of breath. If your sx r isolated arm pain, yet not with exertion it's unlikely cardiac. Monitor. Your response to excercise, your pulse and BP and discuss all with your doc.