I take my Zoloft (sertraline) in the morning and sleepaids at night. Can't sleep will the insomnia go away in time.

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: What sleep aids?

I don't know how long you've been on zoloft, (sertraline) or what sleep aids mean.
Sleep disturbance is often part of depression, and improves as depression remits. Zoloft (sertraline) requires at least 4-6 weeks -- and often longer -- to show its effects. Risperdal is an antipsychotic and not really a sleep aid; can help with psychotic depression or bipolar. Your own psychiatrist will be better able to answer you on this.

In brief: What sleep aids?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas