Change to sandals if callus on toe from shoes?

Depends on the cause. Many things can cause calluses. Some reasons that one may develop a callus include: viral infections (warts), friction, pressure, repedetive trauma, and a limitation of joint motion. Some genetic conditions may also cause people to develop calluses on the hands and the feet. Treatment depends on the cause of the problem. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.
May help. Sandals will help to keep the pressure off the toe but will not fix the problem. You may need a bigger shoe if the toe is rubbing or you may need a pad to help hold the toe straighter and keep the tip off the bottom of the shoe and stop the rubbing.
How about snow. Have your foot examined.You are too young to live with this thebrestbofbyour life.