Swollen itchy bumps on toes. Should I wear sandals?

Up to you. Wearing an open sandal may help to dry out the area if it is moist. I would start to use a topical antifungal to the area to see if you can rid of it.
Describe the bumps. Could be the start of achelets foot.To receive an answer that will be more helpful for you , you need to give more information...Your health status, any problems such as gout, diabetes or blood pressure concerns.You should state how long it has been a problem and what you do to make it feel better.Also tells us what it looks like..Is it discolored, swollen or point tender.The more you tell the bette.