I had a surgical abortion since last month and now i'm on my period again but it's heavier and longer than my normal ones...Is this normal?

Dr. William Jurewitz

In brief: It's possible

There may have been a small amount of tissue left in the uterus from the abortion.
This would cause the period to be heavier, but should go back to normal after this first period. If there continues to be irregular bleeding you might need an ultrasound or another d;c to see if there is tissue that was left. This is uncommon, but it does happen even with the procedure being done correctly.

In brief: It's possible

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham