I sprained my ankle 4 months ago. I have not yet regained full movement. Is it too late to apply the rice (rest, ice, compression and exercise)method?

Dr. Tso Chen

In brief: Maybe

The rice method is more helpful after an acute injury because of the swelling, especially important in the first 1-2 wks.
Rice = rest, ice, compression, and elevation (not exercise). If you still have swelling of the ankle, you can try ice and compression. Most likely you will need to see a orthopedic doctor or get a referral from your primary care doctor.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine