Does teething cause a low grade fever?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Teething fever?

I don't think anyone can answer that question for sure.
There seems to be a disagreement in the dental and medical community on that issue. It's possible. Having said that, if your child has a low grade fever, i would check with your own pediatrician as to what he\she believes and whether it would be a good idea to have your child in for an evaluation.

In brief: Teething fever?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
I've had children and have seen children that had runny noses and low grade fevers during teething. It may have been related or coincidental. I agree it's best to check with your Pediatrician.
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Possibly

Teething may cause a low grade fever.
As long as there are no other symptoms of illness I would not be concerned. If other symptoms of illness develop such as high fever, vomiting, rash, etc then something else is going on and child needs to be evaluated by their pediatrician.

In brief: Possibly

Teething may cause a low grade fever.
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Louis Cooper
Gum swelling and irritation prior to tooth erupting have been occasionally associated with very low grade temps below 100. However, this is generally not considered as a cause of fever.
Dr. Cindy Juster