What are the harmful effects of rohypnol?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Potent Sleeping Pill

This is prescribed when other sleeping pills have failed.
It is powerful and has a big, bad reputation for inappropriate use. It's the sort of pill that your parents warn you about. It is blamed for lots of trouble - and where there's smoke...... I'd recommend staying away from it since the possible dangers are serious. Best!

In brief: Potent Sleeping Pill

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
It's a benzodiazepine and so it acts on the central nervous system. It knocks people out quickly and pretty totally and is amnesiac (you forget what happened just before and during it). It's been used to 'rape' victims. When its use is mixed with alcohol, it can slow breathing and heart rate to dangerously low levels, which can result in coma or death. Even alone overdose is easy and often fatal.