How do I manage a fussy baby?

Dr. FLORENCE NNEBE

In brief: Check for the cause

Treatable causes should be addressed; hunger, fever, pain, overstimulation, injuries, bloody stools, excesive vomitting, refusal of feeds.
If a check is normal then focus on soothing measures: carry baby, swaddling to limit movements, infant massage, pacifier, car rides etc. You should be well rested and stress free; call your pcp if there is risk of harm to baby or any of the causes mentioned above.

In brief: Check for the cause

Dr. FLORENCE NNEBE
Dr. FLORENCE NNEBE
Dr. FLORENCE NNEBE

In brief: Be calm /controlled

For the older child a visit to the pcp is almost always recommended.
I have found infant massage to be beneficial for the older child as well. Please visit www.Lalecheleague.Org for a desription of massage techniques and various applications of the therapy.

In brief: Be calm /controlled

Dr. FLORENCE NNEBE
Dr. FLORENCE NNEBE
Dr. Cindy Juster