Im 5'4, 145lbs, size 36dd. Is there any possibility my boobs contributed to my herniated disc at l5-s1 and spinal stenosis? Would reduction help?

Dr. Howard Feinberg
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Unlikely

The most common area for back pain due to large breasts is the mid back.
It is possible to have low back pain but your area is an unlikely location for breast induced back pain. The only treatment shown to make a long term difference for your problem is a daily home back physical therapy program.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Patrick Roth
Neurosurgery

In brief: Maybe

Large breasts can cause back pain by several different pathways.
It is unlikely that they resulted in the herniated disc or the spinal stenosis. The breasts can affect your posture which can bring on the back pain. The breasts can also contribute to pain by adding weight to your body when you bend via a lever arm. Reduction mammoplasty, similar to weight loss will not predictably help back pain

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham