How can I stop my mouth ulcers hurting?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Products such as...

...Orabase with benzocaine, which covers the surface of the sore like an "oral bandage", will decrease pain and help prevent it from getting infected.
Products with xylocaine, (lidocaine) a local anesthetic, can also dull the pain.

In brief: Products such as...

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Theodore Ritota
Diode laser treatment longest lasting as alternative to above topical treatments.
Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dentistry

In brief: Drugstore

You can ask your pharmacist for over the counter mouth rinse that can soothe your pain.
Obviously, no too hot or too cold or spicy eats for help when you are in pain. If the over the counter rinse does not soothe enough, go to your dentist who can prescribe a stronger rinse that may work. There are also zovirax (acyclovir) drugs that can mediate the pain if you take them in advance.

In brief: Drugstore

Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dr. Harlan Wilson