Is it normal to have no fetal pole at 5 weeks and 4 days, only gestational sac & yolk, hCG 8000 and have tripled in the last few days.

Normal. It is normal not to see the fetal pole that early. Continue to follow-up with your doctor and good luck!
Maybe. It all depends on dates. Ultrasound speaking, we can expect to see fetal pole at that time. If the dates are off by a week for example, then we may not see fetal pole. Contact your obstetrician and follow up closely.
Fetal development. Congratulations on your pregnancy! your question is a hard one. Since you know what's in your belly, i can assume your gestational age is by ultrasound. Everything seems to be appropriate for 5 weeks plus or minus a few days. Don't smoke or drink, and do eat a healthy diet. Here is a website you can visit if you get impatient. http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-week-by-week.