How can I figure out my irregular periods?

Dr. Marsha Davis
In brief: Keep a calendar
You might find when you keep a calendar and count from the day each periof starts that you do have regular periods just on an odd number of days.
For example if it is every 39 days every now and then you would be fooled into thinking you skipped a cycle when you didn't! keeping a calendar is the best way to start to figure things out.

In brief: Keep a calendar
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
In brief: Reasons?
Reasons for irregularity include weight gain or loss, breastfeeding, alcohol use, eating disorders, marked emotional stress, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, cervical polyps, polycystic ovarian syndrome, excessive exercise & pregnancy.
When a girl has just started menstruating & around the time of menopause periods can be irregular.

In brief: Reasons?
Dr. Jane Van Dis