I have major depression and have been in an episode for about 6 months with on and off thoughts of suicide. Should I admit myself for immediate help.

If you are having. Thoughts about killing yourself, please be seen at the nearest emergency room now. Have a friend or relative drive you. If need be, you can call 911 for emergency services ; they can provide transport. You can call the national suicide hotline 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255. If no current thoughts of suicide - would encourage you to work with a psychiatrist ; a therapist.
On suicidal thinking. It's always valuable to have an evaluation by a live clinician if your asking yourself this. If you're currently thinking about it, absolutely-go to the er. When it's an on/of thing, you're in off mode but worried, the worse that can happen is you may receive more treatment, which isn't a bad thing. Better safe, and all that. Good luck with your er visit...