Clarivein (better?) vs. Venefit since: simplified access, no tumescence, no concern nerve damage(no rf), but need avoidance of catching of vein wall?

Dr. Joel Gotvald
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: No in most instances

If you are looking for a method of vein treatment with no tumescence & minimizing nerve damage risk, I prefer Venaseal vein glue .
. . it is superior to the clarivein device. Yes, with clarivein there is some risk of catching the vein wall & the catheter no longer spinning properly. In above knee anatomy I prefer venefit over clarivein. In below the knee anatomy prefer Venaseal to avoid nerves.

In brief: No in most instances

Dr. James Isobe
Phlebology

In brief: Not necessarily so

Clarivein is a newer method, and yes does not require tumescent anesthesia, but the long term results (recanalization) is not yet in.
Word on the street is that it has higher recanalization rate than radio frequency ablation. Concerns of nerve damage using rf is present and studies show higher % than laser; but when rf is done carefully, results are good with.

In brief: Not necessarily so