I have fibrocystic breasts. I am fine and have no problems but doctor wants to monitor me?

Common problem. Most breast doctors and radiologists will follow a new patient with fibrocystic change for 1-2 years with mammogram/ultrasound every 6 months. We want to be sure that nothing changes or appears suspicious. It is important for you to perform monthly breast self exams to get familiar with your lumpiness. If anything feels different, please contact your clinician. Here is a website with info: htt.