Sore throat for 7 days, no fever, no rash, headache, mouth pain. Strep throat? Hiv? Started zithromax today.

Zithromax ? One further comment on the use of zithromax for upper respiratory tract infections. In 2000, a study of antibiotic efficacy for acute bacterial sinusitis demonstrated that azythromycin (zithromax) has no effect against nthi (non-typable hemophilus influenza). It is a very appropriate drug for some cases of lower respiratory infections. H.Flu is a very common cause of ear and sinus infections.
Likely not HIV. The most likely causes of a sore throat include a viral upper respiratory infection or allergies. Strep throat is also a potential cause, and that's likely why you were prescribed zithromax. Hiv would be way down on the list of possible causes, especially as a presenting symptom. If you are concerned that you are at risk for hiv, share that with your physician and see if you should be tested.