What type of head injury cause diabetes insipidus?

Severe! Diabetes insipidus occurs when the pituitary gland is injured. This is a small area of the brain that produces a hormone called ADH (antidiuretic hormone) that works on the kidney to produce smaller amounts of urine. Usually occurs when there is a fracture across the base of the skull, and is associated with severe head injuries or brain death. Symptom is the body producing a huge amount of urine.
Head injury dia insi. Approximately 30 to 50 percent of patients who survived post traumatic brain injury demonstrate endocrine abnormalities diabetes insipidus is an exception as it does have a specific history. Di most commonely associated with severe tbi and basilar skull fractureand cranial nerve involvement, craniofacial trauma, and post cardiopulmonary arrest. Delayed onset of di isassociated with post pitutary lesi.