I am looking for an excellent surgeon to repair a bilateral cleft lip and palate. What should I search for?

Cleft surgeons. I suggest looking at the nearest academic hospital and calling to see if they have a craniofacial team experienced in cleft lip and palate repair. The team will include the surgeon, ent, dentist, speech therapist, nurse, and social worker, all of whom will have had significant experience in treating these children and assisting their families. In the nyc area, i recommend nyu. Best, /nsn.
Operation Smile. If you call operation smile at 888-677-6453 or 757-321-7645, they can refer you to a number of resources in searching out a cleft lip/palate plastic surgeon. Many universities have multispecialty cleft clinics and can be an excellent source of information and treatment options. Good luck!
Try ACPA. The american cleft palate association has a list of multi-disciplinary teams that focus on a team approach to care for these patients. You can find this on-line.