And what changes for another for a couple who have already had a child with a cleft lip?

Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: That depends
I guess you mean what are the chances of another child with a cleft lip.
That depends on whether one or both parents have a cleft lip. Roughly it can be as low as 4% to as high as 20%. Surgery to correct a cleft lip can be quite successful, but stressful on the family. Please consult with a geneticist to find out the reality of your exact situation. All the best to you.

In brief: That depends
Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: See a physician
There is probably a low risk of having another child with a cleft but discuss your risks with an obstetrician.

In brief: See a physician
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Cindy Juster