Does asthma have a history of a chronic cough?

Sometimes... Asthma is characterized by recurrent bronchospasm and airway inflammation. Symptoms can include recurrent coughing as well as shortness of breath and wheezing. It occurs in episodes so episodic coughing can be a feature. See your doctor for diagnosis as well as treatment.
Possibly. The symptoms of asthma include: shortness of breath, wheezing, chest tightness, cough, trouble breathing. Cough can be caused by a variety of diseases the most common being: asthma, post nasal drip and reflux disease.