In my caregiving for my mother, I have to be ready to jump at a moments notice..How can I remain calm?

Dr. Theodore Cole

In brief: State of mind

Counseling and relaxation techniques can be helpful.
L-theanine helps with anxiety without causing any drowsiness. You are under a lot of stress, and i suggest you find some help. This situation is usually too much for one person to handle all of the time.

In brief: State of mind

Dr. Theodore Cole
Dr. Theodore Cole
Dr. Maritza Baez

In brief: Stay active

Exercise is a great way to relieve stress.
Your body releases endorphins during exercise, which can help you feel calm. If you exercise 30 - 60 minutes a day, your stress levels can improve. When stressed, take 5 slow, deep breaths with your eyes closed, then roll your shoulders forward 5 times, then back 5 times. This will slow your heart rate and release tension in your neck and shoulders.

In brief: Stay active

Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Jonathan Jassey