I went to ER with pain that resembled kidney stone. It's a large ovarian cyst (15.4 CM x 12.6 x 17.0). I have pcos, is this normal?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Cyst size abnormal

Gynecologist will likely advise laparoscopic unroofing, ; thereby draining the cyst.
It's quite minimally invasive, specially in hands of an experienced laparoscopic surgeon.

In brief: Cyst size abnormal

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber

In brief: Yes and No

It is not normal, but it is to be expected with a patient who has polycystic ovarian disease.
Usually the cysts are bilateral (both sides), and are usually lined by benign cells. Sometimes they will take a biopsy just to make sure there is nothing malignant.

In brief: Yes and No

Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Inderjit Deol
I agree. PCOS are ovarian cysts; usually benign in nature. However, some ovarian cysts can be malignant. The only way to differentiate is biopsy or resection.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham