I been using some medication for my hypertention for 2 yrs now. Can I suddenly stop taking this and do some exercise instead to fight hypertention?

In brief: Bad idea

Healthy eating and lifestyle, including excercise, will bring your pressure down, but not immediatly; they take time to work.
Discuss it with your dr; i tell all my patients that if they will work on it and get their pressure down 20-30 below the upper limit of normal, so that there is room for it to rise some, then we can gradually stop their meds, so they can keep their pressure under control.

In brief: Bad idea

Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Not recommended

If you have been on medication for two years, you need to stay on it.
Begin your lifestyle changes of exercise, eating better, losing weight and monitor your blood pressure. If you are getting dizzy, lightheaded or having consistently low readings, speak with your physician about lowering the dose and hopefully one day stopping it!

In brief: Not recommended

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Arnon Rubin