What is the difference between taking ur blood pressure in ur upper left arm and lower left arm and is it higher or lower than the reading?

Dr. C Mbaeri

In brief: No difference

In the absence of any constricting lesion(s) below the elbows affecting the arterial blood flow downstream, their should not be any difference in the BP readings if appropriate cuff sizes are used.

In brief: No difference

Dr. C Mbaeri
Dr. C Mbaeri
Dr. Tamanna Nahar
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: BP everywhere

Usually no difference.
BP cuffs r designed for the upper arm. Lower arm, I am assuming, forearm. This requires a smaller cuff for accuracy to detect the radial/ulnar pulses.

In brief: BP everywhere

Usually no difference.
Dr. Tamanna Nahar
Dr. Tamanna Nahar
Dr. Robert Keimowitz
The BP cuff estimates blood pressure. The size of the cuff used will give varying results. That's why the lower arm requires a smaller cuff.
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine