I got several moles on my body.Some got bigger over past 4 years and feel itchy now.What is it?Should I see doc?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: Itchy mole
An itchy mole can be a symptom of melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer.
However, you have to take into consideration other factors that may be causing your mole to itch. Are you using a new laundry detergent? Do you use lotion that contains fragrances or other chemicals that is irritating the skin? Think about what products you use and how they may cause skin irritation. See your doctor.

In brief: Itchy mole
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Cosmetic Surgery
In brief: Have one biopsied.
Moles can be dangerous especially if their is a family or personal history of skin cancers like melanoma, history of sunburns over the years, moles with different colors within it, have an irregular border, or are itchy and/or have bled.
Moles larger than 6mm also need to be evaluated. Please see your doctor and if any of the lesions need a biopsy then it can done. Better to replace a mole with a

In brief: Have one biopsied.
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: Yes.
Moles should not itch, so you should see a dermatologist and have them examined.
Moles do get bigger, gradually, over the years, so that is not worrisome. Sudden growth is another red flag, however.

In brief: Yes.
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern