If i get cold sores and my partner who has a cold sore gives me oral sex, would i get genital herpes?

Dr. Jean Calhoun
Dermatology

Herpes simplex is caused by a virus and is transmitted primarily by close physical contact.
Any active lesions have live virus and therefore can be spread to another person. If someone does not have any active lesions then the transmission of the virus is probably very small but still possible.

Dr. Kristina McCaughtry
also, cold sores are one form of the herpes virus, it can infect both oral and genital places. You also still can get the second viral form. Use protection and consider antiviral medication to reduce viral outbreaks and spreading the infection.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham