27y/o f narcolepsy/sle/anxiety/add benzodiazepines paradoxically increase anxiety any suggestions for nonbenzo anxiolytic? Pt takes Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) and apri.

Tough question. Switch to another psychostimulant or reduce the dose to start. Sometimes selective beta blockers can be added (naldolol, metoprolol). Low dose trazadone can be added (low antichiolinergic profile) it has some anxiolyt. I suggest making only one change at a time if possible. Buspar (buspirone) can be tried but BP has to be watched. I'm assuming the diagnosis of narcolepsy and add have been carefully worked up.
SSRI meds. Alternatives to benzos would include medications as Seratonin re uptake inhibitors like Prozac or Paxil (paroxetine). Another is Wellbutrin.