My son is a 2yr old has loss of appetite, burning fever, and vomit and has not slept all night. Wont retain any medicine. Should I take him to the er?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Good idea

If your child is unable to retain flluids, remains with a high fever and is restless and uncomfortable they should probably be seen by a doctor asap.
They may be becoming dehydrated, may have more severe illness than you are able to assess on your own, and they may require a detailed exam by an experienced clinician.

In brief: Good idea

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: At his age, main

Concern is dehydration.
While there being re hydrated, simple test can assure you and his doctor as to what the problem may or may not be.

In brief: At his age, main

Concern is dehydration.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Marsha Davis