Every time I go for an eyetest within the same time period, I get different astigmatism and axis corrections on my script. Why is it not consistent ?

Dr. Evan Schoenberg
Ophthalmology

In brief: Dry or changing eye

I'm not sue what you mean by 'within the same time period'.
Possible causes of changes in your refraction include developing cataract and dry eye. Small differences could also be from your head position during refraction.

In brief: Dry or changing eye

Dr. Evan Schoenberg
Dr. Evan Schoenberg
Dr. LINDA VARGAS
Ophthalmology

In brief: Depends

When you say same time period are you saying same time different year? There can be several reasons why you have a different axis on your astigmatism, i.
e., you are aging and your natural lens is contributing to the change, or your cornea is still "evolving" and this would explain the change in axis. You question is a little too broad to give a specific answer. Please be more specific.

In brief: Depends

Dr. LINDA VARGAS
Dr. LINDA VARGAS
Dr. Jane Van Dis