My ears piercings get infected very easily, i've tried sensitive earrings & sterling silver but they infect my ear.Is there somthing else I should try?

Dr. Francine Yep

In brief: Gold?

Gold may help. Less likely to irritate and inflame your ears.
"sensitive earrings" sometimes still contain nickel [and also depends on the quality of the outer covering]. Sterling silver has some copper in it [are you allergic to copper?]. Anyway, gold might be an alternative - although $$$.

In brief: Gold?

Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Infection unlikely

More likely to be a sensitivity to metal.
They make some kind of guards for posts---they're plastic sleeves that go around the metal. But it may require a larger hole than you have. You could try coating the earring with vaseline or even Bacitracin before inserting it---this would give some barrier between your skin and the metal. And if it really is infection, Bacitracin would also help.

In brief: Infection unlikely

Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Louise Andrew