After his fever subside, my 5month old baby starts to have lots of rashes all over him, will it go away or what should I apply? Calamine lotion?

Dr. Katharine Garnier

In brief: Evaluation

In a young child, with the recent fever especially, i would recommend taking him in to see his doctor..
.Rashes may just be a reaction to the virus, or it could be something more serious, best to have your baby checked!

In brief: Evaluation

Dr. Katharine Garnier
Dr. Katharine Garnier

In brief: What else is happn ?

Has your infant has resumed normal activity, feeding, drinking? Is baby playful & responsive but left with a rash? If so, this is likely one of the many enteroviruses s/he will have in life & you can watch things at home.
The rash should fade within a wk without rx &calamine will just make a mess. If you are concerned something isn't working out, get the kid evaluated.

In brief: What else is happn ?

Dr. Cindy Juster