I have a kidney stone that is in my kidney and I feel like I have the constant need to urinate but only a little comes out..Is this normal?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: Possible infection
Constant urgency to 'use the bathroom' is a sign of an urinary tract infection (u.
T.I.). It is best to get seen, provide a urine sample (ua) and get treated. If a kidney stone is 'still in the kidney' it should not cause any symptoms. Only when a stone leaves the kidney and gets 'stuck' in the ureter (duct to bladder) then it can cause pain/bleeding. Hope you are better.

In brief: Possible infection
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: No
You may have a UTI and thus need to get your urine tested.
Symptom could also be from a bladder stone or from the kidney stone dropping into the bladder or getting stuck where the ureter from the kidney enters the bladder. Have it checked out by your urologist. Good luck.

In brief: No
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine