Do most women rip or get a episiotomy during labor? Im terrified because im so sensitive there even when me and my boyfriend have intercourse.

Angela Zhang
In brief: Episiotomy
It is common for women to tear perineal tissue during delivery, especially if it is their first child.
The degree of tearing varies but rest assured that all physicians are trained to help you deliver with minimal tearing. It is not recommended to perform routine episiotomy during every delivery- it is up to the discretion of your physician. Be sure to discuss your concerns with your ob/gyn.

In brief: Episiotomy
Angela Zhang
Angela Zhang
Answer assisted by Angela Zhang, Medical Student
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham