What are symptoms of tmj? Does one side of your face feel numb at times? I have been feeling an odd sensation in one side of face lately.

Numbness. There are many symptoms TMJ disorder. There may be pain, clicking or popping noise upon opening, limited opening, etc. However, numbness is not a common symptom. I would talk to your physcian to be tested for a bells palsy or another neurogenic disorder.
What is TMJ. Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) symptoms are usually marked by some combination of joint noise (popping, clicking, grating sounds), pain with function (chewing, speaking, singing, yawning), and jaw catching or locking closed. Numbness is not typically a feature of TMJ symptoms and should be separately evaluated to be certain that there is not a nerve that is being irritated or compressed.
Numbness may occur. Jaw pain, especially at area of the joint; popping/clicking of jaw; ear pain, or sounds of cracking in the ears: ringing/popping sounds in the ears (tinnitus) or a sense of fullness in the ears: headaches; blurred vision: tight, stiff, or sore jaw or neck muscles: facial pain, cheek pain, or chin numbness or tingling: shoulder pain; locking or dislocation of the jaw (usually after widely yawning).
Not usually numbness. Tmj problems usually manifest as pain; pain on chewing, pain on opening and closing the mouth, painful clicks or pops in the jaw joint, or headaches. I can't identify your odd sensation, but numbness is not usually a TMJ symptom. Numbness can be caused by a variety of things, including vascular problems, diabetes, and even cancer. You may want to have a doctor check it out.