How do I know if my baby has ibs?

Dr. Jay Singh
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Not a childhood dx

Ibs includes a variety of symptoms that have specific requirements for the diagnosis to be given.
This is established for adults and not for infants. Colic is common in infants and should improve with changes in formula and diets over time.

In brief: Not a childhood dx

Dr. Jay Singh
Dr. Jay Singh
Dr. Paul Leadem

In brief: Unusual in babies

Most infants that exhibit signs of gasto-intestinal distress have other conditions such as colick, formula allergy, g.
E. Reflux, or rarely other more serious conditions. Ibs is usually a diagnosis of exclusion for an older child with crampy lower abdomenal pain often relieved by passing a bowel movement, and often accompanied by some degree of either constipation or diarrhea.

In brief: Unusual in babies

Dr. Paul Leadem
Dr. Paul Leadem
Dr. Peter Kurzweil