If I have guillain-bare syndrome will I have it for life?

In brief: No, it is acute

Guillain-barre typically lasts a few weeks, and gradually resolves, and may respond readily to plasmapheresis or ivig.
If it seems to persist, that may well represent a transition to chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuritis (cidp), which also could respond to ivig.

In brief: No, it is acute

Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology

In brief: Not necessarily

Gb syndrome is an auto-immune disorder when the body turns on itself.
Early treatment (in the first few weeks of onset) gives the best chance of recovery. The condition may take weeks or months to resolve. 1 in 3 will still have minor symptoms after 2-3 years.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Chakshu Gupta