Is it advisable to undergo an extraction when I am slightly ill? Recovering but not fully.

Dr. Marsha Davis
In brief: Depends
What are you ill with? If it is a simple cold it should be fine.
If it is something more serious then maybe not. You could call your doctor for a final opinion since your doctor knows you and your condition better than anyone else.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: Maybe.
You don't specify the illness.
If it's a simple cold, there really isn't any reason not to do it. A more serious illness would require consultation between the dentist and your physician to determine the advisability of the procedure.

In brief: Maybe.
You don't specify the illness.
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
In brief: It is possible.
So, an extraction will tax your energy level and you will need to recover from it.
It could prolong your overall recovery, but if you are up to it - it will not significantly affect your recovery. I always tell patients it is their call.

In brief: It is possible.
Dr. David Schneider
Dr. David Schneider
Dr. Marsha Davis