My fiance is a recovering drug addict of 7 years, could his use of hard drugs cause infertility if we are trying to conceive?

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Possibly
I recommend strongly that he get a semen analysis done as soon as you decide to try conceiving.
There are way too many variables to say he 'does' or 'doesn't' have a fertility problem, the numbers on a reliable sa will get directly to the answer. I also assume and hope, for both of your sake's and a baby's, you are talking about a partner who is no longer using.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
You're most welcome.I figured he was living clean at the moment, but very glad for both of you to have it confirmed - congratulations!
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: Infertility possible
There is a simple test to answer the question of male infertility: get a semen (sperm) analysis for fertility (not post surgery).
His primary care doctor can order the test and 'give peace of mind'.

In brief: Infertility possible
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Eric Weisman