Burning, dry, swollen upper lip and into the creases. Never experienced before. Lots of sun exposure- cancer? See regular doctor or dermatologist?

See a physician. There are many causes for this condition. Certainly sun exposure may be a contributing factor, but is not the only factor. Vitamin deficiencies can cause cracking of the lips, primarily the creases. This does not sound like a primary skin cancer, but it needs to be evaluated for sure. I would see your primary physician first and if he/she cannot help, be referred to a dermatologist.
Actinic Cheilitis. Actinic cheilitis is a term used to describe benign or pre-malignant changes on the lip due to chronic sun exposure. Treatment options include: cryotherapy, 5-fluorouracil cream, imiquimod cream, topical retinoids, photodynamic therapy, vermilionectomy (surgical removal of the lip) laser ablation e.g. With er:yag laser.