I just found out that i'm about 5weeks pregnant, and a couple days ago I had a thin brownish pink clump about 1inch long. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Be alert
This could be nothing, or it could be that mucus plug is coming from the cervix or even a miscarriage.
Usually you would have some bleeding and cramping, but not always. There's not much that can be done at this stage to prevent a miscarriage if it's happening, so best to just take it easy and wait and see. If you start bleeding a lot or have a lot of pain, see someone.

In brief: Be alert
Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Adam Levy