At what age should I start to wean my baby out of pacifier?

Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Ask yr pediatrician

Most babies give up the pacifier eventually and there is really no harm to using one unless perhaps adult teeth are coming in.
Like any behavior you would like to discourage, distraction (offering a favorite toy, another activity, a drink of water or a healthy snack) is usually the best approach.

In brief: Ask yr pediatrician

Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: The 1st year of life

Is the "oral stage.
" however, pacifiers used for self-calming to fall asleep till 5-6 mos. Become a " sleep association." when a 6-mo.-old or > baby night wakes, as 50% of those who have been sleeping through the night do, developmental night crying can be a problem if the pacifier has rolled out if the crib. I ask parents to decide about losing the pacifier before 5 mos.

In brief: The 1st year of life

Is the "oral stage.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Jonathan Jassey