I had a pelvic exam to help diagnose a cyst on my left ovary and am still in pain 20 hours later. I may have endometriosis according to my new dr?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: YES Endometriosis
Endometriosis usually causes chronic pelvic pain and may cause a 'cyst' .
Pelvic pain with intercourse, bm, and urination commonly occurs and symptoms may be worse during periods. Periods can become heavy with bleeding in between. P.I. D. Needs to be ruled out but a laparoscopy ('scope in the belly') is the best test to get a diagnosis. Your gyn will get you the right meds hope you are better!

In brief: YES Endometriosis
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Could be
The most correlating symptom is severe pain with periods as a teenager. Not all patients with endo have this but most do.
If this fits you, you would likely have nearly 100% chance of having endo at laparoscopy (unpublished data). We hope to have that publish soon. Many patients with endo however, have an inguinal pain syndrome called occult inguinal hernia. Need to rule this out.

In brief: Could be
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Jane Van Dis